Thrift shopping


In a bid to make full use of the last day of my CNY break, I did a little thrift shopping at Sungei Road, (or Thieves Market as some know it) somewhere which I've been meaning to check out for awhile. This place is famed for its dirt cheap Dr. Martens boots and vinyl records but as you might have guessed it does require a bit of digging through before you score something nice. Even if you don't though, it's interesting exploring the wide range of items on sale, from collectibles and wearables to obsoletes. (Handphones with antennas, cassette players, gameboys; surely they ring a bell?!) And in case you're wondering, yes I did find a black vintage sling bag for $4. At the back of my mind while paying for it, I thought about my navy blue bag which looks almost similar to this but heck, thrifting brings out your most compulsive and indulgent nature. Not that I'm complaining...it's definitely worth an afternoon plowing through the stalls. I just wished the weather was better, as always; both my friend and I were sighing with relief once we reached Spinelli after what, an hour of thrifting?? Thank you, Willis Haviland Carrier for saving the day once again.

Have a lovely & 'thrifty' week!
Nat

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails