baked goods!

Greetings!

School has been really hectic (projects season) and the homebody in me is screaming to be let out! Rather than having meetings all over town and attending everybody's 21st birthday party, all I really want to do is lounge around at home in my oversized shirt and watch re-runs of The O.C. This definitely won't happen in the near future for me. Sadly.

Oh, but all is not lost. I managed to squeeze in some girl-bonding time with my mates and baked some cupcakes! because girl time and cupcakes are inseparable like Madonna and cone bras.



Plain Jane cupcakes that needed a little dressing



We did this in the spirit of Chinese New Year! Yes, that was how long ago.



Heart made of orange peel in case you are wondering.

'M' for Meng Ye :)


All together now!


Not just pretty, very yummy also! Also, in the spirit of CNY, the cakes were orange flavoured and so was the cream cheese icing. haha. It was so good my mom asked for the recipe and baked orange cakes for my entire extended family. so awesome. It'll probably become a family tradition, orange cakes for everyone every year!

In case you might die reading my rambles about cakes and icing, I'll be kind enough to share the recipe :)

Sunshine & Vitamin C Cupcakes

Ingredients:

300g Plain Flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon each finely grated lemon, orange & grapefruit rind (i only used orange)
125g unsalted butter (you could use salted butter and skip the salt)
250g sugar
2 eggs
160ml orange and grapefruit juice in each parts (I only used orange juice)
1 tablespoon lemon juice (didn't have lemons)

Method:

1. Combine flour and baking powder.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light yellow and fluffy.
3. Add in eggs to butter mixture.
4. Alternately add flour mixture, juice and rind.
5. Beat until smooth, then pour mixture into cake tin or cupcake mould.
5. Bake in pre-heated 180C oven for 25 min or until cake tester comes out clean.


This is a very basic cake recipe and can be flavoured anyway including chocolate. Seasoned bakers should know the trick, but if you've never baked in your life, this recipe is simple and delicious to get you started.

Cooking and baking is a passion of mine, rest assured this will not be last of the recipes I'll share. =)


Have a very yummy week!
Meng Ye

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails