Too much shopping mojo


So since a couple of days back I've re-discovered the joy of shopping. Seriously. I've been trying to curb my spending and for awhile browsing online fuelled me with enough inspiration to be creative with my current wardrobe without making too many frivolous purchases. I was successful, for a few months. But the noble stance has since dwindled to nothingness.


Case in point, aside from a briefcase bag, plaid skirt, slouchy cardigan, lace camisole and pussybow dress I've bought recently, I've also bought my most expensive dress and pair of shoes ever this month. I really ought to put on a leash when I'm out. Brenda claims my love for shopping makes her feel better about her own expenditure. =/ Should I be worried? I think I should, except that all I can think now is my pale blue dress.

Okay, so here's the rational (kinda) side of things. A Lover dress on 70% discount, timeless design with a wonderful cut. Plus, isn't that the same label where half the dresses in 500 Days of Summer were from? Kidding. Not really. Which comes to frivolous purchase no. 1:

This.
I tried really hard to Google for the design I bought but to no avail, but I found something similar which Alexa Chung wore. Mine's a much longer version, in fact a full-length dress, with cap sleeves. Wreckage was $220. It took me approximately 10 minutes of 'let me sit on this and think about it' before I headed back to the boutique to get it. I mean, I could probably wear such a dress for the next 10 years, right? Right.

Next, a pair of Jeffrey Campbell's brogue. I've been obsessively searching for nude patent oxfords when I found them. And because they're only available on Free People, I incurred extra international shipping costs too. The total added up to around $200. But they're leather! (And nude and patent.) I've already thought of the things I could pair them up with, like this Polyvore set below.

nude patent brogue
I really have no excuses for myself. I feel sorry. And ashamed. Please pass me a leash for incurring too much shopping mojo.

Like a pauper,
Natalie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails