Some food lovin'


So I finally visited one of the restaurants located within walking distance just outside my place. That was my very first time trying Turkish Cuisine and it was a yummatumtum experience. I shall let the pictures do the talking.

Humus (Chickpea Dip)
Some freshly-baked, chewy bread to go with the Humus dip. YUMM!
Coban Salata (Shepherd's Salad) *healthy!*
Kunefe (Seriously, one of THE BEST desserts ever!)
Hot Apple Tea served in a lovely little glass and saucer

My personal favourites were the Kunefe, and the Hot Apple Tea which served as a great accompaniment to the dessert. I love the warm trickling of sweet apple tea down my throat after dessert. Oooh and there was also the mixed grill combo (comprising of chicken, lamb, beef cubes, and chicken wings/drumlets) that was shared during dinner as well. It's a pity I didn't get to take pictures before I could even stop the swift fork action.

As a person who doesn't exactly consume much meat, I thought the grilled meats tasted good. I guess it's the way the marinated them with such fragrant spices and they weren't oily in the least.

Apart from that, they had pretty decent service and a nice chill-out atmosphere. It isn't too crowded either.

I say, it's definitely a restaurant to go to! (:

Until the next time,
Bren

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails